Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Wednesday 10/30

Joy! Today we were back at Khula, playing with the kids and doing out Nativity Play. I think they loved it! I am sure our acting skills were quite hysterical but being able to share the story of the birth of our Lord and Savior was so thrilling, and watching their rapt attention was so cool. We also helped with serving their breakfast and playing duck duck goose. Such a universal game.  These kids are starved for hugs and smiles, they reach their arms up and just want to crawl all over you and be held. At on point, I was buried under 7 or 8 children and literally just couldn't get up. Their laughter fille me with such joy. Truly God was smiling down on us this day! (Not to mention 80 degrees and sunny)



Then we were off to Leopard Rock for lunch.




We ended the day by visiting children at an orphanage. This one was heartbreaking. Definitely an institutional setting. What you envision an orphanage to see. These children broke my heart. The lack of life behind some of their eyes broke my heart. 

I had to remind myself today that God is in control as Proverbs 3:5 came to mind. Trust in the Loed with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding..
And also 2 Corinthians 7:16-I rejoice because I have complete confidence in you(God)

You know,  I may not get what is happening here in relation to all the suffering children, but I have to lean on God and rejoice in the joy he brings through those who are trying to make a difference. I pray I am open to being part of His plan!
Goodnight from Africa!


No comments:

Post a Comment